Let's look at a company founded in the 1960s set up as a manufacturer of coordinated floor and wall coverings branded Rex Ceramiche Artistiche. In the Nineteen-eighties, with the advent of single-fired tiles the company became the leader in the home flooring segment because it was one of the first ceramic factories to produce glazed porcelain tiles, studying the aesthetics and creating a product for the residential sector.
Traditionally, Rex has been highly placed, developing high-end, sophisticated and elegant ceramic materials, designed to evoke long-ago eras and places to meet personal hedonistic tastes. The result was an elevation of the Rex style, jealously guarding the technological and aesthetic legacy of fifty years of operations to create surfaces that reflect the latest trends, focusing attention and capturing the observer's gaze.
Choosing Rex means choosing elegance, luxury, glamour and sensuality. Some like extreme styling while others prefer a hint of ecstasy. The latest design trends interpreted in ceramics are ideal for all surroundings, residential or collective, in hotels, restaurants, stores and wellness centres. Rex offers sophisticated and elegant decoration, proposing a contemporary reinterpretation of natural products reflecting time-honoured tradition.
Living set design with aesthetics of eternal beauty, coordinating floor and wall coverings inspired by the most precious natural materials. The transformation has a magical quality: walking through forests, quarries and meadows... timber, marble, stone, and ivory are recreated on ceramic surfaces in an authentic and sensual manner.
In a relationship with nature of symbiosis and emulation, the world of Rex finds its expression in aesthetics developed to flaunt, enjoy and experience luxury with glamour and sensuality.
Rex, as part of Florim, has a regime of eco-sustainability, attempting to satisfy the needs of customers and to create value for shareholders, employees and the territory, in the understanding of the importance of observing the ethical principles and rules of conduct expressed in the code of ethics. Rex aims to be at the cutting edge of technical and aesthetic innovation in ceramics, by studying the materials and production methods that will enable us to always be a reference point for customers, designers and competitors.
- Continuously improve the environmental performance of products and processes
- Researching, developing and using the most sustainable technologies
- Continuously aiming and achieving reduction of CO2 emissions
- Recycling and reuse of waste 140.41% (own and others through pre and post consumer recycling and reusing)
- Recycled water percentage 100%
- Self generated energy/use 68%
- Multi-million dollar investments for environmental management
- Using recycled packaging
- Initiatives to encourage recycling, sustainable productions and practices with others
- 41% use of electrical vehicles supported sustainably
- Corporate Social Responsibility activity to support families
- Training projects for personal and professional development to employers
Florim was the first in it's sector to attain of ISO 50001